Grilling Idea #1 Grilled Chicken
Are you tired of cooking indoors? With March's cold, snowy weather I am ready to pull out my grill and flare it up! Today I am going to share with you one of my favorite "chicken on the grill" receipes.
* 2- 1/2 Chickens
* Seasoning- Season salt (my preffered seasoning),
but there are other options like: salt and pepper, grilling herbs, McCormick's Kickin' Chicken rub or your own!
1) Start grill
2) As the grill is warming up, remove chicken from the plastic package, discard the plastic in the waste/recycling.
3) Put chicken on a clean plate or surface
5) Trim chicken by removing excess skin or fat
- this is another personal preference, it also helps reduce flare-ups as chicken is cooked over the grill
6) Season chicken with desired seasoning
7) When grill is ready, place chicken on the grill.
PREFERABLY BONE SIDE DOWN!
- this allows for an even cooking of the meat on the opposite side
- reduction in lost amount of juices and dry white meat
- reduces flare ups
-easier, just put the chicken on the grill and let it cook for 25- 40 minutes
(may vary on the type of grill and setting of heat)
8) Check chicken for doneness by using a thermometer and placing it in the white and dark meat.
Thermometer must read 165 degrees Farenheight!